Credit Course Information
Here are the following guidelines for applying for DTA PD Credit Course funds:
The DTA's fiscal year is July 1st - June 30th
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Revised September 2021
- You must be an active DTA member to apply.
- We will only accept applications for courses to be taken in the future, NOT ones currently enrolled in, or from last year.
- Fill out the Credit Course PD Application form 5020CC , have it signed and sent in BEFORE the course starts, for approval.
- Documents that are required for application approval are to be from an accredited institution must have;
- course number and outline (brief description),
- start and end date of course,
- course cost breakdown (tuition and fees),
- university name and location.
- The school DTA PD Contact needs to sign the form, the school is not obligated to share costs.
- We cover the course cost only. We do not cover any other associated fees (medical, athletic, membership, UPass, as examples) as per Canada Revenue Agency regulations. Please note - you should opt out of the Extended Medical fees.
- Once the course is completed or the semester is finished, send in "proof" of payment, if not done before hand (should read PAID) and proof of completion (official certification, grades received). You will receive payment once you have submitted all the proper documentation.
- You are eligible for up to $1,500 for the 2022-2023 school year.
- The DTA will issue T4A slips at the end of the year for income tax purposes (as per Canada Revenue Agency regulations).
- Questions about income taxes are to be answered by YOUR ACCOUNTANT or visit the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website.
We do get audited and need to have clear and precise paperwork to show our accountants. These applications (plus the regular applications) are time consuming. PLEASE be sure to forward all the correct information on time.