Summary of Changes to PD Funding
Changes to PD Fund Allocation
This change will be effective July 1, 2022.
1. Up to $650 is available per member per school year (July-June) for Regular PD.
These changes will be effective July 1, 2021.
The PD Committee has voted to change the way the PD Fund is allocated to teachers. Over the past few years, funding allocations have been made with the purpose of using the current PD fund and reducing a surplus. As the surplus has been mostly eliminated, funding allocations must be adjusted to accommodate both the needs of members and the lower fund amount available.
Here’s a summary of the new allocations:
- Up to $1,500 is available per member per school year (July - June) for CREDIT COURSES only.
- Up to $600 is available per member per school year (July - June) for Regular PD.
- Up to 30 applications per year for self-directed PD will be accepted (one (1) TTOC day per person per year).
- Additional TTOC days are no longer available.
- Only PD activities within Canada will be funded.
- Interest Based Group PD funding is no longer available.
Any questions contact Brianna firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSA conferences are eligible for PD funding. Your school is expected to co-fund your PD application, and your principal and PD contact must sign your form. PD applications must be submitted at least 14 days before the conference or workshop, but we make a special exception for these PSA day conferences; they must be in the office before 4:00 pm the day before the PSA day. Nevertheless, please get your application in as soon as possible! For PSA day only, you may also claim membership fees in your application if they are included in your conference fee.